Thursday, November 19, 2009

Luv And Hygiene....What the &*^% Is That Smell?

You find this person attractive….beautiful, nice body, educated, lovely conversation, fun to be around never a dull moment. Then you realize there are some issues ……Oh… My… Damn! Did you smell that? How do you tell them? What do you tell them? This is some serious stuff though some of you may be laughing, it goes on every day.


Telling a person they have a hygienic malfunction can be difficult especially if you don’t know them that well. You even sit there and wonder how in the hell did that odor get past me? I did not smell that before, I know I didn’t! The crazy thing is that you really like this person but you haven’t the slightest clue just how to tell them. What if it’s not the body odor but it’s the way they live? You know, dirty house, garbage overflowing with no sign of being taken out. Clothes all over the place…sink loaded with dirty dishes. You finally get to the point where you’re visiting each other’s home regularly so now they don’t have the 2 days notice to get everything clean. You start to see the real person and realize that they aren’t as tidy as you thought. There are those that don’t think keeping the house in order is a problem but I can tell you from experience that if one person is doing all the cleaning they eventually get tired of it. And I’m not talking about the controlling man that thinks that’s the woman’s job only (that’s another blog because there is no “I” in team), but the person that makes the mess and leaves the mess. Hear me when I say it’s not always the man.


I’m a two shower a day person. There are those that take a shower at night, get up in the morning and go. I can’t function that way but in the same token, I wouldn’t necessarily call it quits if they didn’t but I surely would go into telling them about how we sweat at night LOL! (Subliminal messages) There are even folks that will wear clothes over and over again before washing them. I’m just saying…if you have deodorant marks on your shirt…the white streaks…you should probably wash it, the same for that food stain you spilled on it and thought you cleaned off with that napkin. Or the hair….ladies even though it’s weave and you don’t have to comb it daily that doesn’t exclude the washing there of! Folks, little problems become big ones so this is when from the start you have to really take notice of the things you are willing to accept and or live with about the person you choose to have in your life. You can’t wait until you are miles down the road and decide you want to go back and talk about the things that you were aware of from the start.

On FB one of my readers and good friend of mine wrote,… “You see on another note, the bible says a man should love his wife like he loves his own body. You can't take care if your body? You can't take care of me.”… I don’t typically throw in religion but if the Holy Spirit says so then perhaps it is so.


I could go on and on about this but I’d like to hear some of your stories on the subject so… Let’s Talk About It… How would you tell a person about their breath? Do you just do as another reader/friend of mine back home stated she’d do and blaze up on the first hint of hot garbage coming from this person’s breath?” Or would you instruct them on flossing their teeth removing that piece of chicken from last week’s meal that’s still lunged between two molars? How do you handle the situation when you get into the house and realize that you could possibly end up being the maid or butler? How do you tell a person about a lucid body odor? Which brings up another question…. How do that not smell that ish?


Thanks for the Luv,

Doc!!

7 comments:

  1. Dang, why can't I copy and paste?

    Anyway, there is one thing men need to be aware of and that's washing their balls.

    It only takes a minute to go wash'm and get'm refreshed before asking for some 'knob lickin'

    Walmart sells a travel size of Axe body wash ($1.00). Put that in your cars and use it before coming over.

    I've told a guy to make sure he 'freshens' up before he comes over. As a matter of fact, I've had him to freshen up at my house. NO loving until I know u smell good. Yep

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO...washing the balls? How about some Shower to Shower? I think it's a good idea for anyone to "freshen up" before you handle your business unless you just happen to get caught up LOL!

    Thanks for the Luv,

    Doc!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what do you mean...how do you tell 'em...shit...u do just that...u tell 'em...plain and simple...i only hope that if i have a cliff hanger...or my breath smells after that salad with Ranch..that the first person who smells it tells me damnit...bc ima do them that same favor...and as far as cleanliness of the home and such...thats one of those things where u have to be sure ur on the same page ahead of time before persuing something with someone...my clean isnt the same as the next person's clean...i dont vacuum everyday...but i wash dishes daily...and they might vacuum daily...or etc....unfortunately it can be those small things that make or break deals...so its about communicating even the simplest things to one another...but that hygiene issue...there is no getting around it...brush your teeth regularly...wash your balls often...no BO is acceptable...yeah...for me the hygiene thing...there is no compromising...period!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kesha...don't blame the breath on the salad LOL! You're right about the one persons clean differing from the other and the house thing is something that can be worked on but the B.O? I just don't know Kesha, I have to agree with you and say hell to the naw!


    Thanks for the Luv,

    Doc!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well for me I can be blount, learning to be tactful lately. That being said, if your body has an odor and someone has to tell you, two things might happend. First tell them how well you like them and would love to continue but.... one thing might stop ya... YOUR B.O. so baby get it together so we can go to the next level. lol
    or send them an e-mail, telling them. lol

    Being I work in a jail and the smell is so bad, especially in New Admittion, meaning they coming straight from the streets or a percent where they been for 2 or more days without showering. So I stay with incents, lysol, and hand soap. I wash so much sometimes I think I am changing colors. lol Nuffin worse than being close to someone I like and the B.O. stops me from getting closer. Get clean, partner! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. BO will keep you at bay Justice LOL! I can only imagine what it's like there in the jail system. I think the best thing to do is tell them. The thing that gets me is how friends let friends smell bad.


    Thanks for the Luv,

    Doc!!

    ReplyDelete